We are pleased to invite you to the 11th Annual Ono-Columbia Conference on Corporate Law and Securities Regulation on June 5-6, 2017 and July 10, 2017.
Among the many internationally-renowned experts to attend the conferences will be: Prof. Zohar Goshen, Hon. Judge Jed Rakoff, Hon. Judge Ruth Ronen, Hon. Judge Khaled Kabub, Prof. Donald Langevoort, Prof. Jeff Gordon, Professor Gerard Hertig, Prof. Assaf Hamdani, Prof. Sharon Hannes, Professor Robert Jackson, Professor Richard Squire, Attorney Ted Mirvis, Attorney Gary Naftalis, Attorney Rachelle Silverberg, and Attorney Shirel Amira-Guttman.
- Chancellor, Andre G. Bouchard, Court of Chancery, Delaware
- Judge Ruth Ronnen, Tel Aviv District Court, Economic Division
- Judge Haled Kabub, Tel Aviv District Court, Economic Division
- Judge Ofer Grosskopf, Central District Court, Lod
10:30-10:45: Coffee Break
10:45-12:15: Views from the Academia I
- Roberta Romano, Yale law School, The Private Ordering Solution to Multiforum Shareholder Litigation: An Empirical Analysis of Exclusive Forum Clauses
- Luca Enriques, Oxford law School, Institutional Shareholders’ Voting
- Sharon Hannes, Dean, Tel-Aviv University School of Law, Did Israel Turn the Delaware Standards of Review on Their Head?
- Assaf Hamdani, The Hebrew University School of Law, Dual-Class Companies and Midstream Control Changes
13:15-14:15: Views from Practice
- Ted Mirvis, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, The Rise of Market and Stockholder Power in Delaware: Appraisal and Corwin
- Christoph Pereira, Vice President, Chief Corporate, Securities & Finance Counsel and General Counsel Business Innovations, General Electric Company, The Impact of Emerging Legal Technologies on GE’s Legal Operations
- Udi Sol, Hertzog, Fox, Neeman, The Challenge of Corporate Deal Planning in an Era of Legal Uncertainty
14:15-14:30: Coffee Break
14:30-16:00: Views from the Academia II
- Jesse Fried, Harvard Law School, Rights Offerings and Minority-Shareholder Vulnerability under Delaware Law
- Richard Squire, Fordham Law School, Make-Whole Premiums and the Agency Costs of Debt
- Robert Jackson, Columbia Law School, Activist Settlements and Information Leakage
- Zohar Goshen, Ono Academic College and Columbia Law School, The Changing Role of Delaware Court